Manufacturing Production Worker
Ask anyone at GE Appliances and they'll tell you they work with some of the best people in the world—people who would excel anywhere, but who choose to work here. Why? Because they thrive on challenges. Because they take pride in our products. And because they relish the chance to work alongside other extraordinary people. If this sounds like a good fit for you, you're in luck–we're now hiring Manufacturing Production Workers.
The starting wage is $14/hr, and can progress to higher-level positions earning up to $17.54/hr.
We offer excellent benefits, including:
• Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance available on day one of employment
• Paid vacation/holiday/personal time
• On-site medical clinic and athletic center
• Tuition reimbursement after 1 year
• High school diploma or equivalent experience.
• Certified Production Technician (CPT) certification preferred.
• Prior manufacturing production or warehouse experience preferred.
• Prior experience assembling mechanical components.
• Must be legally authorized to work in the United States; we will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job.
• Must be 18 years of age or older.
• Must be willing to work in a tobacco-free environment.
• Must pass background check, drug screen, medical screen, and orientation.
• Must be able to work any shift and work overtime as required.
• Must have the ability to identify maintenance issues with machinery or equipment.
• With or without accommodation, must be willing to wear personal protective equipment; for example, safety glasses, gloves, hats, ear plugs, and safety shoes.
• Perform progressive assembly line work involving the assembly or sub-assembly of various components.
• Collaborate and interact with other team members.
• Frequently install various components using a wide range of powered hand tools (air/electric guns) to assemble, check, adjust or repair appliances.
• Drive screws and/or assemble other fasteners; apply tape, insulation or other materials; assemble/fasten wire harnesses, terminating wires; check, adjust, or repair sub or final assemblies; test and/or package sub or final assemblies.
• Must demonstrate the ability to follow policies and practices and improve safety, quality, delivery and cost including, but not limited to: use of all required personal protective equipment, ensuring machine guards and safety features are working, identifying and reporting unsafe working conditions; attention to detail–identifying and reporting quality issues found through in-line checking and reporting of critical appearance defects for resolution.
• Physical demands of the position include: Constant standing; frequently handling various parts for assembly; frequent walking, reaching at waist level, pushing/pulling, grasping/squeezing, pinching, fine motor dexterity, and neck flexion; occasionally sitting, reaching overhead, reaching at shoulder level, reaching at knee and floor level, bending, stooping, squatting, crouching, kneeling, crawling, ladder/stair climbing, pivoting, twisting, and neck extension/rotation.
• Must be able to handle and lift parts and/or equipment that weigh a minimum of 42 lbs.
• Must be able to work in a loud/noisy environment.
• The factories are not climate controlled – conditions can be hot or cold.
Apply today online or in person, Monday-Friday, 8am-4pm.
GE Appliances, a Haier company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.