Sorry, this job has expired.
GE Appliances is now hiring a Maintenance Technician to work at our Appliance Park. You can earn up to $29.27/hr in this position.
As the Maintenance Technician you will support appliance manufacturing operations to ensure equipment reliability and uptime in support of safety, quality, delivery, and cost objectives. This is an industrial maintenance role involving machine setup, troubleshooting, repair and preventative maintenance to mechanical, electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic equipment.
• Must have a high school diploma, GED, or GED equivalent.
• Must be at least 18 years old.
• Must possess a valid driver's license.
• Certified Journeyman with 2 or more years of experience in electrical or mechanical trade, OR
• Associate's degree or equivalent in Electrical or Mechanical field with at least 2 years of current hands-on working experience OR
• Minimum 8 years of experience working in Industrial Maintenance trades.
• Experience working with 480V, 220V, 120V, and low volt DC electrical controls and systems.
• Good work ethic and a positive attitude.
• Willingness to learn new ways and meet expectations of the various maintenance assignments.
• Must be dependable and demonstrate good attendance and punctuality.
• Maintain, troubleshoot, repair, and improve hydraulic, pneumatic, electrical, and mechanical equipment.
• Diagnose and troubleshoot VFD’s and Servo Drives, setting and adjusting parameters and replacement of such devices.
• Perform preventive maintenance.
• Complete shop records and use reporting systems following established procedures.
• Provide quick response to maintenance requests and calls from maintenance leadership and manufacturing operations teams.
• Follow safe work methods and procedures at all times to avoid injury to self and co-workers or damage to company property, including use of all required personal protective equipment, following safety precautions (e.g. LOTO), ensuring machine guards, etc.
• Perform welding and plumbing as needed.
• Follow proper housekeeping standards to ensure clean and organized maintenance work areas.
• Adhere to all company policies and practices.
• Operate motorized equipment, including scissor lifts, JLGs, fork trucks, etc.
• Use a wide range of powered tools and hand tools and vibratory tools/equipment.
• Ability to read/understand electrical, pneumatic, and hydraulic schematics.
• Ability to work with parts/equipment which may be hot, cold, and/or wet.
• Ability to work outside in all weather conditions.
• Ability to work at heights.
• Ability to frequently handle various parts and/or equipment.
• Ability to frequently stand, walk, reach at shoulder and waist level, bend, push/pull, grasp, pinch, use fine motor dexterity, and neck flexion.
• Ability to occasionally sit, reach overhead, reach at knee and floor level, stoop, squat, crouch, kneel, crawl, climb ladders/stairs, pivot, twist, neck extension and rotation, shoulder circumduction, and lie supine.
• Ability to handle and lift parts/equipment at a minimum of 64 lbs.
• Ability to push and pull 75 lbs.
• May require occasional weekend and/or evening work.
Apply online or in person, Monday-Friday, 8am-4pm.
GE Appliances is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.